Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:5–7
Families are made up of many important people in a child's life, like dads, moms, grandmas, grandpas, and step-parents. North Heights Family Ministry comes alongside you in your God-given role of training and instructing your children in the Lord.
Whatever season your life brings, God can use you to influence those in your family. We desire to partner with you on your journey.
Student Ministry Phased Re-gathering Plan
North Heights Leadership and the Council of Elders are working on a Phased Re-gathering Plan. All phases still offer Livestream worship at 9am, 10am and 10:45am and on the Facebook.com/NorthNeightsLutheranChurch page.
Working within the CDC and government guidelines, North Heights will begin phase one of our re-gathering plan beginning with Drive-In Church, Sundays at 11am, Arden Hills parking lot A and pre-arranged in-person groups of 10 or less may begin meeting in the Arden Hills campus. This means that your student may be invited to volunteer for Drive-In Church or participate in an in-person small group.
The safety of our students and guests are important to us. We have created a few safeguards that leaders, staff and volunteers strive to uphold. However, knowing that hugs, fist bumps and high fives can be a temptation for many students who haven’t seen their friends in some time, it is the parent’s or guardian’s discretion whether or not to send their student to public events during this time.
Phase 1: Student Ministry Guidelines
North Heights staff, leaders and volunteers strive to follow these safeguards:
- Staff, leaders and volunteers will wear face masks and be temperature checked
- Social distancing of six feet will be practiced—meaning restraining those hugs, high fives, or fist bumps
- Students are encouraged to wear a face mask if they choose. Face masks will be available if needed. We will honor each student’s choice with respect and promote a grace-filled environment
- Hand washing is encouraged at all events and before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility
- Students are urged to stay home if not feeling well
- Contact-less thermometers are available for students to take temperatures. We will contact a parent/guardian if a student is showing signs of sickness or displaying a fever of 100.4 or greater. We ask that the student remain home until cleared by a medical professional for the well being of others
- Snacks will not be served at this time and will be re-evaluated as the summer progresses
- After each small group session, rooms will be sanitized
Sundays, 11am, Arden Hills parking lot
Kids activity sheets and kids sermons will be available at Drive-In Church or you may print at home:
Stay up-to-date with how CDC and government restrictions regarding COVID-19 impact public worship, events and classes.
August 10–14, 9–11:30am, Arden Hills
REFUEL Family Nights
Wednesdays, 6:30–8pm (meal served: 5:15–6:30), Arden Hills
A time for the whole church family to connect with others and dive deeper into a life-changing relationship with Jesus—Kids (Pre-K–grade 5), Students (grades 6–12), kids choirs/handbells, adult studies, women's study and healing worship.
Watch for future dates
Centershot is a great place to learn archery basics and improve and refine your skills. All equipment is provided. Special incentives, games and topics are also provided. Meeting wraps with a devotion and treat. All equipment is provided. No experience necessary. Ages: 8-adult (boys, girls, men and women are all welcome). Students under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Cost: $10/person.
First Communion Class
An interactive class for parents and children grade 3 and up. Contact Melissa Erickson.
In partnership with The American Bushido-Kai Karate Association, North Heights offers karate and self-defense classes. More info.
Jordan Gehlhar or 651-797-7807