Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:5–7
Families are made up of many important people in a child's life, like dads, moms, grandmas, grandpas, and step-parents. North Heights Family Ministry comes alongside you in your God-given role of training and instructing your children in the Lord.
Whatever season your life brings, God can use you to influence those in your family. We desire to partner with you on your journey.
Summer Sunday School
Begins June 7
Our VBS theme this year is: FOCUS. We will put our FOCUS on God and his amazing plan for us. Because of the pandemic, the VBS format has been changed to in-home small groups. This is a great way to invite your neighbors, friends and relatives with children. Digital resources provided. If you are able to host a small group of kids at your home or yard and/or lead a small group contact Melissa Erickson.
DIGITAL VBS ›
COVID Family Ministry Statement
North Heights Leadership and the Council of Elders have been working on the next phases of our regathering plan that align with the CDC and government guidelines. Phase one of our regathering began May 24 with our Drive-In Church at Arden Hills, Communion Tuesdays at Roseville and small groups of 10 or less at Arden Hills. Student Ministry may begin meeting in small groups during this phase. The next phase will be communicated soon.
The safety of our families and guests is important to us. We have created a few safeguards that leaders, staff, and volunteers will strive to uphold. However, knowing that hugs, fist bumps and high fives can be a temptation for many, students and kids who haven’t seen their friends in some time, it is the parent’s or guardian’s discretion whether or not to send their student or kids to public events during this time.
Family Ministry Guidelines
North Heights Staff, Leaders and Volunteers will strive to follow these safeguards:
- Staff, Leaders and Volunteers will wear face masks and be temperature checked
- Social distancing of six feet will be practiced–meaning restraining those hugs, high fives, or fist bumps
- Students and kids are encouraged to wear a face mask if they choose; face masks will be available if needed; we will honor each student’s and kids choice with respect and promote a grace-filled environment
- Hand washing will be encouraged at all events and before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the facility
- Students and kids are urged to stay home if not feeling well
- Contact-less thermometers are available for students and kids to take temperatures. We will contact a parent/guardian if a student or kid is showing signs of sickness or displaying a fever of 100.4 or greater. We ask that the student or kid remain home until cleared by a medical professional for the well being of others
- There will be no snacks served during Sunday School for the summer. When snacks are served they will be individually wrapped. Each event will be evaluated for the best approach on serving food, and will strive to follow the CDC guidelines
- After each small group session, rooms will be sanitized
REFUEL Family Nights
A time for the whole church family to connect with others and dive deeper into a life-changing relationship with Jesus—Kids (Pre-K–grade 5), Students (grades 6–12), kids choirs/handbells, adult studies, women's study and healing worship.
Mondays, September 21–November 2, 6:30–8pm, Arden Hills Gym
Centershot is a great place to learn archery basics and improve and refine your skills. All equipment is provided. Special incentives, games and topics are also provided. Meeting wraps with a devotion and treat. All equipment is provided. No experience necessary. Ages: 8-adult (boys, girls, men and women are all welcome). Students under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Cost: $10/person.
First Communion Class
An interactive class for parents and children grade 3 and up. Contact Melissa Erickson.
In partnership with The American Bushido-Kai Karate Association, North Heights offers karate and self-defense classes. More info.
Jordan Gehlhar or 651-797-7807