Middle School (grades 6–8) & High School (grades 9–12).
North Heights Student Ministry partners with families in their God-given role of training and instructing their students in the Lord. We desire to help students find their true identity and acceptance in Jesus Christ where we believe they will find their greatest joy.
Congratulations to our North Height students who were confirmed in their faith on Sunday, May 17. Special thanks to North Heights student Noah Loushin was instrumental in producing the Confirmation Service video.
Student Ministry Phased Reopening Plans
North Heights Leadership and the Council of Elders are working on a multi-phase re-opening plan. All phases will still offer Livestream worship at 9am, 10am and 10:45am and on the Facebook.com/NorthNeightsLutheranChurch page.
Working within the CDC and government guidelines, North Heights will begin phase one of our re-opening plan beginning with Drive-In Church, Sundays at 11am, Arden Hills parking lot A and pre-arranged in-person groups of 10 or less may begin meeting in the Arden Hills campus. This means that your student may be invited to volunteer for Drive-In Church or participate in an in-person small group.
The safety of our students and guests are important to us. We have created a few safeguards that leaders, staff, and volunteers will strive to uphold. However, knowing that hugs, fist bumps and high fives can be a temptation for many students who haven’t seen their friends in some time, it is the parent’s or guardian’s discretion whether or not to send their student to public events during this time.
Phase 1: Student Ministry Guidelines
North Heights staff, leaders and volunteers strive to follow these safeguards:
- Staff, leaders and volunteers will wear face masks and be temperature checked
- Social distancing of six feet will be practiced—meaning restraining those hugs, high fives, or fist bumps
- Students are encouraged to wear a face mask if they choose. Face masks will be available if needed. We will honor each student’s choice with respect and promote a grace-filled environment
- Hand washing is encouraged at all events and before and after using the restroom
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility
- Students are urged to stay home if not feeling well
- Contact-less thermometers are available for students to take temperatures. We will contact a parent/guardian if a student is showing signs of sickness or displaying a fever of 100.4 or greater. We ask that the student remain home until cleared by a medical professional for the well being of others
- Snacks will not be served at this time and will be re-evaluated as the summer progresses
- After each small group session, rooms will be sanitized
Sundays, 9:30–9:55am, Arden Hills Youth Room
For grades 6–12. Leaders are learners! We all need time to connect with others and learn what works and what doesn't when it comes to leading. This is a time for breakfast, encouragement and prayer before the morning session of Go Kids!
Sundays, 10am, Arden Hills & 10:45am, Roseville
Students in grade 6 join with Go Kids! and then have their own small group and discussion.
FOUNDATIONS CONFIRMATION CLass
Watch for future dates
For grades 7–12. This class is a three-year commitment with each year focusing on a different aspect of the trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three main components are Sunday small group discussions, commitment to Refuel Wednesday nights and serving the church. Contact Bobbie Booth or 651-797-7894.
Wednesdays, 6:30–8pm, Arden Hills
Middle School (grades 6–8) & High School (grades 9–12). Find faith. Discover purpose. Live eternal significance. Be authentically you. When students find their identity in Christ, they can live in the purposes God has called them and make a difference in our world. We'll have games, worship, teaching, small groups and snacks. More Info.
First Fridays is based on Matthew 6:33: “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Students invite their friends to hang out, listen to guest speakers, worship together, play intense games, and learn about faith in Christ.